StatCounter

Sunday, August 9, 2009

God'll Getcha

My early religious training emphasized God's judgment. My folks kept telling me that if I didn't stop doing whatever it was that was annoying them, God would get me for that. I rather took away the message that Jesus loves me, but God has a temper. I think this view of God is crippling, and I took some time to look at David's great love for his worthless son, Absalom, to see how we stack up against Absalum. Join the congregation of Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky for God'll Getcha.

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment