StatCounter

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cluck!

First of all, my apologies to our regular listeners. I was out of town with simply the most fascinating woman I know to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary, and I could not get my laptop to post this Blog!

Esther is a most peculiar book. It never mentions God. It has to do with a secret Jew, married to a Gentile without so much as a by-your-leave. She is utterly powerless, but manages to save the Jewish people. When I look around at the world going in directions that alarm and disgust me, and feel powerless to change it, I want to sit on my porch and cluck my tongue. Esther got up and did something. See what she did as we review the Book of Esther in our Sermon, Cluck.

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment