StatCounter

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting Round the Grinch

The janitor at the Chapel of St. Starbuck's the Jittery asked me a good question the other day. He asked how I felt about Advent. I had to confess that the noise of the commercial aspects leaves me in a bad mood every year. When I went to the Lectionary text for this Sunday, hoping to find something sentimental, I found instead "The Little Apocalypse" from Luke going on about the end times. Very helpful. Thanks for nothing.

Join the congregation of Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky to find out how I worked my way out of that in our sermon, Getting Round the Grinch.

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment