StatCounter

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Looking for Goats

I pastor a Presbyterian Church, but my home church is the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). One of my congregation asked me this week how difficult it was for me to preach in a Presbyterian Church which understands the Sacraments differently than my home church. Baptism is one place where there's a big difference, and my impression of the understanding of Baptism among the laity made me think about my dad's initiation into the Order of DeMolay many years ago. Join the congregation of Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky for our sermon on Baptism from Luke 3:15-17, 21-22 and Acts 8:14-17, called "Looking for Goats".

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment