StatCounter

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Missio Dei

Today's sermon is from Luke 11:1-13, one of the versions of the Lord's Prayer. The thing that struck me as I was reading it is that it started with a disciple asking Jesus to teach him how to pray. I've prayed for a lot of things in my life, but I never thought to pray to be taught how to pray.

Since I'm just back from retreat at the Archabbey of St. Meinrad, I was thinking in Latin, and the phrase Missio Dei, the Mission of God, came to my mind while thinking about this. Ordinarily, I pray for God to do something. Praying how to pray is a prayer to be included in God's mission -- a prayer that I might do something for God. Of course, that made me think of China. Join the joint congregations of the Chapel of St. Starbuck's and Community Presbyterian of Bellefonte, Kentucky and find out how I made THAT leap of logic in this week's sermon, Missio Dei by clicking HERE.

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment