StatCounter

Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Coat of Blue Paint

Luke 14:25-33 contains some of the most discouraging words in the Gospel. "Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry the cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. So therefore, none of you can become my disciple if you do not give up all your possessions." Who among us today will give up his big screen TV, the tickets to the UK game, the comfy couch? And don't even get me started about hating wife and child. What is Jesus talking about here? Come join the congregations of the Chapel of St. Starbuck's and Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky as we try to puzzle out Jesus' words in our sermon this Sunday, "A Coat of Blue Paint", by clicking HERE.

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment