StatCounter

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Scratch My Back

It's prideful, but the church music department asked me to play the Offertory today, and I've included the "special music" on this recording. "Fast Eddie" Bowen encouraged me to reopen "The Ash Grove" an ancient piece of Welsh music, and I chose that for today.

The text is the next section of Job, and it asks us to examine our understanding of the covenant between God and man. Is it a barter covenant, or something else? And what do we mean when we stick a bumper sticker reading "God is good" on the back of our cars? Join the Congregation of Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, KY for this week's sermon, "Scratch My Back" by clicking HERE for audio or HERE for text.

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment