StatCounter

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Advent

It's the first Sunday in Advent, and a time to be joyous. I could, personally, be more joyful if Iran wasn't spinning Uranium into Armageddon. I'd be more joyous if Syria hadn't bombed a playground killing ten children. I'd be a lot more joyous if the Taliban didn't think that shooting a 14 year old girl in the head was something to take credit for. How are we supposed to approach Advent in a world so clearly gone mad? Well, I'm glad you asked. We're going to tell you. Join us for this week's sermon, "Advent" by clicking HERE for audio or HERE for text.


Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the sermon immensely. Great positive twist in the theme at the end. --Bruce Gain

    ReplyDelete