StatCounter

Sunday, October 13, 2013

COPS

OK. I admit it. I started out my professional life as a cop, and now, decades later, I still watch COPS on TV. Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? This week's stories about the motorcycle group that ran down an SUV and beat the driver really struck me because as much as I'm opposed to motorcycle gangs running down families, that is exactly the way most issues of COPS end -- a vehicle chase and the bad guy under a ton of policemen, his car a smoking wreck. Who does the violence is different, but the violence is the same, and now we learn that some of the bikers were NYPD cops.

We all have an interest in the pursuit of justice, but the question I would pose is this: is our notion of violent pursuit of justice where evil is repaid, stroke for stroke and stripe for stripe, the same notion that God has when he counsels us to let justice flow like a river? Join the congregation of Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Ky. for this week's sermon, COPS by clicking HERE for audio or HERE for text.

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment