StatCounter

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Birds on a Wire


I have so many good friends who don't give a hoot about church or God. They are not dumb, or hard-hearted. Generally, they are compassionate people with good minds and equally kind dispositions or they wouldn't be my friends. When I scratch my head over them, I sometimes wonder why God has not called to them more strongly.
Then I think, “And what business is it of yours that God calls one and not another?” My friends, my birds on a wire, sit upon unimaginable power, but remain unaware of it because they have not connected with it. That's God's business. Our business is to bring the simple message of Jesus into the world just as He did.
“Let us go on to the neighboring towns, so that I may proclaim the message there also; for that is what I came out to do.”
Join the congregation of Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Ky. for this week's sermon, Birds on a Wire by clicking HERE for audio or HERE for text. Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment