StatCounter

Sunday, April 24, 2016

OMG!

I'm more embarrassed than I can say. I returned from church, hit the wrong button, and erased this week's audio recording. Then, realizing that it is 4th Sunday, I went to King's Daughters' and Sons Home to deliver it again, and record it there.

When I looked out at those dear faces, I realized that my sermon, having to do with what people say online, in particular, OMG for "Oh My God" was going to be a closed book to a congregation of that age. In an attempt to make it accessible, I tried to speak "out of my pocket". When I did that, a passing hillbilly bug bit me and infected me with the worst sort of Appalachian accents. Forgive me! Maybe just read the text?

Join the congregation of Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Ky. for this week's sermon, OMG by clicking HERE for audio or HERE for text.

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment