StatCounter

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Radical Apples

The unrest in the Middle East has sent my mind back forty years to the protests of the 60's and 70's. I was there, as a policeman. Protests arise when the people sense that the world in which they live is being unfaithful to its own ideals, and they hope to change the direction of culture, hopefully toward something better. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Now, I'm pastor of a PROTESTant church, but the people I look out upon and love so dearly don't look like the young people I saw forty years ago. I can't picture them taking to the streets and waving flags. These are post-Enlightenment people -- people with an interest in a stable, predictable culture. How does the Word of God get heard in such a world?

Come join us for this week's sermon from Genesis 12:1-4a and Romans 4:1-5,13-17 I titled RADICAL APPLES by clicking on any of the blue text.

Community Presbyterian Church of Bellefonte, Kentucky, was built on the casting floor of a 19th Century iron blast furnace. We use "The Casting Floor" as an image for the power of the Spirit to form us. Visit us at http://communitypresbyterian.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment